Commit to success
“Rome Wasn’t Built in a Day, But They Were Laying Bricks Every Hour,” John Heywood
I talk to aspiring women entrepreneurs and have come to realise that many start a business and expect it to yield results within a few months. In addition, some “try” their hand at business. When success does not follow as expected, a sizable number abandon the “project” because “it did not work “. The truth is, a successful business is not an accident and does not happen overnight. There are challenges along the way, days when you feel like moving on to the next and or easier project. The secret lies in not giving up but holding on till you make it. To be successful:
To be successful you need to:
- Take time to work on your business idea and give it enough time to develop
- Set goals: Put in the time and build the brand
- Lay the foundation to build a good business by taking the time to fully understand your business.
- Take time to learn and master the skills you need to build a successful business.
- Sleep at 3am if need be – there are a lot of sacrifices along the way. I have done that and write from recent experience. It does pay off eventually
All successful entrepreneurs will narrate stories about the times when the going got tough before it got better.
If you want to be successful at anything, be prepared to work hard, be prepared to pay the rent, brand yourself and show up for the task at hand. Are you in a situation where you are thinking of quitting? Show up and put in hard work, “lay that brick every day” and build better habits. It may be painful but do it anyway. It’s worth it in the end.